At Green Clean Maid Services, we’re not only interested in ways to make our professional house cleaning in Kansas City and Johnson County more eco-friendly, but also how to make our homes more environmentally-friendly as well, including products that have a smaller and less toxic impact on the earth. In this way we can protect both our family’s health and the health of our planet.
Real Simple magazine features ways to make your home more eco-friendly. The March web version of the magazine showcases “Energy-saving changes that will lower your bills and prove that you can live green without sacrificing style or comfort.”
The article features the homeowners who founded Low Impact Living, a site that helps consumers make greener choices.
Check out the article to learn about room-by-room changes you can make in your home beyond just eco-friendly professional house cleaning and green cleaning products, such as:
- Recycled, re-used and re-purposed furnishings
- Less or non-toxic furnishings, including furniture and rugs
- Energy-efficient electronics and appliances
- Energy efficient retrofits, such as insulation, curtains and ceiling fans
- Water-saving devices, including water aerators, low-flow toilets and a recirculating water pump to deliver hot water instantly
- Less toxic finishes and low-VOC paints
We hope you find some tips to try to make your home cleaner and greener.